Salad for breakfast has been a revolution that (when I prepare and eat this way) sets up my entire day for the better.
Some of you have asked about what a normal day looks like for me. Every day is so different, depending on what is on the schedule, but here is a typical day when there isn’t a shoot or an outside-Strala-NYC event happening.
A great energy level (food and otherwise) day for me is:
1. Wake up at 6am. Make and drink my favorite protein smoothie
2. Do a little yoga and meditation at home. Shower and get ready.
4. Go for a short walk, then prepare Breakfast Salad Extraordinaire.
5. Work on projects (mostly on computer or phone which requires short breaks for brain to stay alert and focused).
6. Mid-day quick yoga break followed by a short walk.
7. Back to Strala for a class or to check in and high five everyone.
8. Dinner. On a great day something like this!
9. Work more on projects.
2 handfuls organic kale
1 organic yellow pepper
2 spoonfuls of olives
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 fresh lemon
Gluten free bread
2 table spoons of hummus
Massage the kale, (squeeze lemon and add olive oil to kale and massage until it shrinks up a bit)
Chop yellow pepper and combine
Toast gluten free bread – spread hummus on bread + squeeze lemon on top